Blog aggregator - a website that collects and organizes blog sources

A blog aggregator, collecting and organizing other blogs and blog byproducts.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Everest blogs

Mount Everest has always fascinated me, ever since I read Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer several years ago.  Since then I've ready many other accounts of the 1996 tragedy, and still have them if anyone wants to borrow those books.  Don't get me wrong - I have no desire to summit Everest myself.  It's way too cold, for starters.  However, I think it is still an interesting subject.  In this post, I'd like to highlight some of the blogs about the current year's expeditions, which are currently on the mountain.

First, I found this page on the blog of Alan Arnette that shows the locations of all of the teams on the mountain. Click on the map links for a better description of the routes.  National Geographic has a team on Everest, but sadly has already lost one climber.  The Mayo Clinic also has a research team on Everest, who are going to monitor a team of climbers to learn more about the human body at high altitude.

The following blogs are the ones I've found from some of the individual groups going for the summit.
Adventure Consultants
Alpine Ascents International
Kenton Cool
Eight Summits
International Mountain Guides
Mountain Trip
Chris Klinke
Sierra Mountaineering International
Peak Promotion Nepal
Summit Climb / Summit Trek

No comments:

Post a Comment