Blog aggregator - a website that collects and organizes blog sources

A blog aggregator, collecting and organizing other blogs and blog byproducts.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Single Dad Laughing


This week I want to highlight a blog that I've been reading for a while.  One of the posts in 2010 caught my attention and one of them a few months ago caught the world's attention.  I'm talking about Dan at Single Dad Laughing.  The blog is about Dan, a single dad, Noah, his son, and Buddha, their adorable dog.  Except... it's more than about them.  It's about life.  

The first post that caught my eye was one called "The disease called Perfection".  It explores this word "perfection" in relation to today's society and culture.  What is perfection?  Is it ok not to be perfect?  "If you actually stop to think about some of these, you will cry as I did while writing it. If you don’t, maybe you’re infected with way too much of this ”Perfection” infection."   Read it.  Then read it again.  Let me know what you think.

The second post that caught on throughout facebook and the internet is "I'm Christian, unless you're gay."  The title itself hurts a bit just reading it.  The post is about love, unconditional love for each other.  “You don’t know what it’s like, man. You don’t know what it’s like to live here and be gay. You don’t know what it’s like to have freaking nobody. You don’t know what it’s like to have your own parents hate you and try and cover up your existence. I didn’t choose this. I didn’t want this. And I’m so tired of people hating me for it. I can’t take it anymore. I just can’t.”    Once you're done reading the original post, go ahead and read these three followup posts too.  Comment with your thoughts.

If you're interested in more of Dan's stuff, here's his top posts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment